Issue: A Clean and Sustainable Dallas
The time to take action on climate change and sustainability in Dallas is NOW! The Dallas Comprehensive Environmental & Climate Action Plan (CECAP) was unanimously approved by City Council on May 27, 2020 and is a comprehensive roadmap that outlines the activities that the City will undertake to improve quality of life, to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, to prepare for the impacts of climate change, and to create a healthier and more prosperous community.
As the Chairman of the Climate Reality DFW – Plastics Working Group, I advocated for the passage of the CECAP and am now fighting to ensure that we implement what’s been approved and continue to refine and enhance the CECAP overtime.
As the 9th largest city in the United States, Dallas needs to lead on climate change and environmental policy areas. What happens in Dallas makes a difference in the World, and we need to have a BOLD approach to sustainability and getting to carbon neutral.
I support investment in areas that promote a clean and sustainable environment in Dallas:
- Fully funding the Office of Environments and Quality.
- Aggressively implementing, monitoring, and supporting the Comprehensive Environmental & Climate Action Plan (CECAP)
- Advocating for Multi-family Recycling & Zero Waste Programs
- Increasing public awareness of how recycling and bulk trash works in the City of Dallas with the goal of increasing recycling rates and reducing the amount of waste going to landfills
- Ensuring the City of Dallas utilizes all of its resources to focus on sustainability and reducing climate impacts.
- Development and enforcement of a “good neighbor policy” to clean local businesses’ areas.
- Supporting Commercial Recycling & Zero Waste Programs
- Increased funding for Public Transportation
Get Campaign Updates
Sign up to receive the most up-to-date news, announcements and event information.
Countdown To Election Day